(Recipes for the brownie and avocado mousse taken from Petite Kitchen)
400g tinned black beans (or any beans really, i've made it before with cannelloni beans and it turned out a-ok)
160g (soaked) pitted medjool dates
55g good quality cacao powder (I used loving earth)
4 free range eggs
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 160c and either grease a baking tin or line with non stick baking paper
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and pop in the oven for about 30 minutes
- Allow the brownies to cool before adding on top the chocolate mousse.
Chocolate avocado mousse:
100ml coconut cream
40g good quality cacao powder
Flesh of 1 ripe avocado
8-10 (soaked) medjool dates
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined and smooth
- Dlob a generous amount (because it's too good to go stingy on) on the brownies and cut up into small pieces
*I decided to make the brownies in little individual cake tins, which also works well.