For the apples-
About 4 large apples (I used green apples that were straight off my like grandfathers tree)
1 tsp vanilla paste
Enough water to cover apples
For the crumble-
1/2 cup crushed hazelnuts
1/3 cup slithered almonds
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp dark agave syrup
- Peel apples and cut into small chunks
- Put apples into a saucepan and cover with water, bring to a boil and then add vanilla paste.
- Once water is boiling make sure to stir and turn down the heat so it is simmering
- White apples are simmering, add all dry crumble ingredients to a bowl
- Stir in the coconut oil and agave syrup into the dry mixture
- Check that the apples are soft, once they are drain the water and place apples evenly in an oven proof dish.
- Cover apple mixture with the crumple
- Bake at 150°C for about 15-20 minutes or until you see that the top has gotten darker and crisp.
This crumble is perfect served with a nice vanilla ice cream.
This would be a great breakfast with Greek yogurt.
If you would like to increase the sweetness you could add more agave syrup or sprinkle with vanilla sugar once baked.